PLANNING A DISNEY WEDDING?
Different is IN! Unique is a MUST and hum drum “tradition” is a relic in the modern Bride’s wants for her special Wedding Day.
As entertainers, we’ve seen many interesting weddings. Some worked and others perhaps didn’t. One wedding that does go hand and with elegance and magic is a Disney-Inspired Wedding.
Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, Ariel, Mulan, Rapunzel, Snow White, Pocahontas, Mulan, Merida, Tiana and Aurora top the list in amazing dresses and fantasy. Any bride slipping into one of these character-inspired dresses (and shoes, of course) will immediately feel transported into another world.
IS THIS YOUR PASSION?
There are many things to consider when planning a Disney Wedding. First, you’ve gotta’ LOVE Disney…and we mean LOOOOOVE it. You will be eating, breathing it for several months prior and up through that day with the wedding photos to prove it for years after.
Once you’ve decided this and your betrothed is also on board with your wishes, the sky’s the limit, my Dear!
Here, before moving forward, we’ve decided to make a quick consideration check list. This should be an initial list.
DISNEY WEDDING CONSIDERATIONS
Venue or Location is the FIRST thing you set. Sometimes you do this BEFORE you set the actual date. These places fill up FAST…sometimes, over 18 months in advance. This is why we listed the perhaps, obvious and then the not so obvious. Let your mind wander. This is YOUR wedding…YOUR day.
- Wedding at a Disney Location?
- Disney World, Disneyland
- A castle
- A magical backyard
- An Ornate Church
- A Library Foyer (Belle)
- A Rose Garden (Belle)
- An Aquarium (Ariel)
- A Crystal Store (Cinderella)
- The Black Hills (Pocahontas)
- An Arboretum
- Which Disney Princess are you patterning your Wedding Dress after? News flash! Disney has a website that deals with this. They actually have a Disney “Bridal Collection“.
- The shoes are pretty important in a Disney Wedding.
- You could also consider having your dress made by a dress maker or a Hollywood Costume designer. There are several we know. You can email us and we will hook you up!
THE BRIDAL PARTY
- This is where it can get tricky. You are the main princess. What about your friends and family in the wedding. How will you handle that?
- The Groom: He’s your night in shining armor. Don’t forget about him. As below, simple is always nice with that something “Prince-like” as an accessory to set him above the rest.
- The Groomsmen? Sometimes, less is more with them. Black Tuxedos are always nice and will fit numerous Princess themes listed above.
- The Flower Girl: She’s the mini-Disney-Princess. The kids always love dressing up like their favorite princess, just like you!
ENTERTAINMENT and WEDDING MUSIC
- Ceremony Music. There are many song selections you can pull from the Disney List. See below. Here, we list, Violinists, Pianists, Vocalists, Harpists, Trumpeters (very magical), and a Gospel Choir.
- This is Disney. Disney shows contain a lot of fabulous music. Be mindful that a Reception Band probably won’t be a good fit. You might want to consider a DJ for the main part of the reception.
- Live Entertainment. Live Entertainment is now the standard in adding a touch of class to any Wedding. We like the Singing Waiter Option for events like these. Yes, that’s us! Broadway performers, dressed as Staff, or in these cases, we also suggest dressed as Disney Characters, coming out singing special songs like “Brand New World”, “Home”, “When You Wish Up On A Star”, “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” , “Circle of Life”, “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”. These same singers can also sing at the wedding prior. A great bang for your buck and an exponential “wow” for your guests!
- Here is a great Disney Wedding Song List (and more) that deals from the Ceremony and into the Reception.
SPECIAL TOUCHES AND NUANCES
- Horse-Drawn Carriages.
- A Disney Castle Wedding Cake
- Disney Characters Entertain at Cocktails
- A Barbershop Quartet for the Disneyland Experience.
- Fireworks (sparklers work too) at the end of the night.
For More information on Disney Singing Waiters, call The Amazing Waiters, 855-899-7701. With Major Broadway Performers and customized shows, they are the only fun and classy live entertainment act of its kind.
**The Amazing Waiters are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Entree Entertainment, Inc.All rights reserved 2013